Monday, January 15, 2018

2018 targets

A Happy New Year to you all. I see there is not much banter about targets for this year except that TF will no doubt effortlessly complete her 50 miler.
I have also decided to participate in probably my final 50 miler and head back to the Pyrenees for the Grand Raid Pyrenees, or specifically the Tour de Lacs which is almost the same route as in 2014 albeit in the reverse direction. I think I had better get my entry in before the initial Jan 31st deadline.
At the moment my training for it is negligible : I only completed 12 miles in December and Saturday's 6 mile XC at Burnley was my longest run since mid November.
My entry for the Amble is in and accepted so that is the next build up for t'Hobble. I keep saying it will be my last Hobble but this year I shall be running it in a pair. When she was about 13 or 14, Diane said she wanted to do it but at that time she was too young and by the time she was old enough, it didn't happen. This year it will happen and I realise she will be 10 years older than I was the first time I ran it. We were hoping for a recce of part of the route this weekend but the weather forecast does not look very favourable. We shall see.
I have finally semi-retired from work so have reduced my workload to about two days per week. However, to keep me off the streets I have "volunteered" to be event co-ordinator for the Red Rose 50 - one way of avoiding doing it. The route is being revised so it will not be quite as challenging as last year and surely the weather cannot be worse. So, if you are up for it, enter (will soon be on SIEntries). If not, we don't turn away volunteers.

1 comment:

TLoB said...

Not quite no targets t'Y. My aim for 2018 is to complete a Joss Naylor Challenge. The training has started and both the Grizedale 26 next month and the Howarth Hobble in March are part of the plan.
Good luck with the Pyrennees race.