Thursday, April 20, 2017

Diane's Pike Race plus upcoming races

Diane (Brown) had a brilliant run. Despite running in road shoes as she thought there was too much road for trail shoes, she improved her time on last year by nearly nine minutes to finish 308th in 33:01 (9th of 18 LV40). I think my days of beating her may be numbered as she also did do a gentle two hour session on the bike on Saturday morning, if there is such a thing as a gentle session around here. She is back for the Horwich Triathlon on April 30th so will have raced to the Pike twice in 15 days. Mary W is also entered in the triathlon as is Dr Hamer.
Anyone got plans for upcoming races? Unlike last year I am relatively free on Wednesday evenings so may do the Chorley Trail Race in Astley Park on May 3rd, although I may be busy in Horwich with other things (as some of you may be aware). See how things go. May Day Monday is usually Wray Caton Fell Race for me with a family day out for the Scarecrow Festival then the following weekend is my final weekend to recce the 100 route - just got the stage from Goathland to Snape of the second day to recce then will look at a couple of earlier stages of the route.

I suppose I ought to do some long runs this weekend - possible UTUP?

2 comments:

TLoB said...

What date is the 100 mile event?

t'Yorkshireman said...

Starts 10am on Saturday 27th may