Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Giant's Tooth Fell Race Sun 1st Jan 2017

It's been a while since I've done a race report, so I'd thought I would set the ball rolling with the first one of the year.

This race had been recommended to me a number of years ago, but have only just now got round to giving it a go. A 3m race sort of suited my current level of fitness. I'm not sure my fitness will improve much if I keep managing to get the car parked virtually on the start line like I did for this race though!

The route is essentially one lap through the woods that surrounds the Ogden Reservoir (between Halifax and Keighley)

The Giant's Tooth is reach at the top right corner and looks like this



The least 'tooth-like' structure that I've ever seen and I've seen a few!!

It's a pretty runnable route except for the bits I walked (told you I was unfit), but managed in under 40mins, didn't fall over and wasn't last. 

Results are here http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/results.php?id=3834

Not much else to say other than I enjoyed it and would do it again.

TF

1 comment:

Ed the Unready said...

But have you ever seen a giant's tooth?