Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Rivington Trail Half Marathon

JtE has asked me to post this:-

"I think that I once mentioned to you that my granddaughter, Vicky, as a member of Chorley Ladies Football Club who marshall this event, ropes me in to help with the marshalling. I have consequently become aware of the quality of the event and have thought how suitable it is for members of our gang to participate in. I have noted that, for example, Tony Hesketh and Suzanne Budgett always participate. The course covers an area well known to us. You can find details by going to www.209events.com and looking under latest uk events listings, or by Google going to Rivington Trail Half Marathon 2016 Race Details Half Marathon List. The event takes place this year on the 1st. October."

I understand that Chorley Ladies FC play at quite a high standard, but further progress is currently inhibited due the the lack of facilities at their ground. They receive recompense for their provision of marshalls, and whilst I imagine that won't made a lot a lot of difference to their overall financial position - every little helps.

Over to you guys.

No comments: