Monday, March 21, 2016

I ran with the Ghurkas...

...and the Navy, the Air Force and the Army. The Fleet half marathon being situated so close to Aldershot naturally attracts many entries from the Services and as such is well supported by the community  as well as being a big attraction to myself  because of family connections with the area.

Last Sunday's race had 2574 finishers, including myself in 1079th place. After a disappointing result last year I had high hopes that improved training times linked to the speedwork the Parkruns provides would yield better results. 

 And they did. Gun time of 1.48.21 was 2mins  9secs better while the chip time knocked 1min 35secs off last year to put me first over 75 and third over 70.

2 comments:

Tom Hilton said...

Good running John. Well done.

Unknown said...

Awful! Not even 1st M70. A truly lackadaisical performance YJ. Have you taken to the booze and fags? At this pedestrian rate of improvement you'll be 80 before you crack 1hr 30mins.