Thursday, February 04, 2016

What Mandy Did

When our select little band was skipping (?) around the Stan Bradshaw Round route yesterday, I mentioned in my best 'half a story' fashion that I  had seen in Fellrunner that Mandy Goth (one of TF's sparring partners) had done something special, but that I couldn't remember what it was.

Thinking that it was probably something to do with long distance stuff, I re-read the Autumn 2015 copy from page 146 at the back and eventually found it on page 22 - a bit in the style of my outdoor navigational efforts.

Anyway, the article was entitled '21 Ben Ben Nevis Races' and told us that Tod Harrier Mandy had become, on 5th September 2015 the first ever lady to clock up 21 completions, thereby being awarded the Connochie Plaque.

Her achievement was made even more special by the award being made by Kathleen MacPherson (nee Connochie), daughter of the man who inaugurated the plaque, and being herself first ever lady to complete the race, exactly 60 years ago.

Well done - both those ladies!

No comments: