Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Kinder Trial Sat 30th Jan



I missed last years event due to illness, so was quite looking forward to having another go at the annual 'find the control' on Kinder.

Most years it does tend to be a straightforward choice between clockwise or anticlockwise. As I much prefer the run on the path heading north-east out of the village as opposed to the rocky path up to Edale Cross, the decision this year was an easy one. It proved to be a popular one too, as I had a steady stream of runners with faster legs and later start times come past me, making the whole job of locating the controls infinitely easier. Conditions were windy with the occasional bit of sunshine. I still had to cope with the rocky path from Edale Cross, but at least it was in a downward direction. My route took me to K5 - K2 - K1 - K3 - K4 - K6 - K7 - K8 - K11 - K9 - K12 and K10

At the time of leaving I'd appeared on the results with a time of 3hrs 17mins, way behind the winner who got round in 1hr38, but still respectable enough to have a couple behind me. By the time the official results had been published online the following day, this few had grown rather to my surprise to a hefty number of 20-odd with 2 DNF's. No bad, given that this was my longest outing for a while.

Results can be found at www.t42.org.uk/hayfield

TF

No comments: