Sunday, January 03, 2016

Simultaneous worst and best parkrun performance

I ran my first parkrun in God's own county (at Northallerton) yesterday and was rewarded with both my worst and best parkrun performances. My time of 26:04 was easily my worst of the 14 I have run. However, I achieved my best finishing position of 12th (and first V60) - okay there were only 62 runners whereas the others had 200+ participants. No-one did sub 20 and had I run the time I did in October, I would have been third! I am sure I would have been a more than a minute quicker had I run in mudclaws such was the surface, but I'd only packed trail and road shoes when setting off to my daughter's new abode on Thursday.

4 comments:

Ed the Unready said...

Nice one, Gordon. We all seem to be doing our own thing, Parkrunwise. Has anybody not done a Parkrun, or especially has anyone no intention of doing a Parkun, ever?

TLoB said...

I did one in Woodley (near Reading) on Christmas Day 2012. I can't say that I am in any rush to do another one. Why bother when I have all these wonderful hills to run on?

TLoB said...

I have only ever done one Parkrun (Christmas Day 2012 at Woodley near Reading) and I am in no hurry to do another one. After all, why drive 15 miles each way to run on the flat when I have all these glorious hills outside my front door?

Ed the Unready said...

Yerbut, I can run from home to Haigh Hall, and take in a nice off-road section, giving me a 2.8 mile warm-up. There are toilets, and usually a few running friend to compare notes with. I do the run, check my time then run home the even prettier way, taking in a mile or so of the canal, back about home 11:00 a.m. This gives me just over 10 miles, and results are available on-line by the time I've had lunch - all this for free! And 'no', I'm not on commission.