Saturday, December 19, 2015

Tuesday meet

I know it's a concept harder to grasp than Einstein's Theory of General Relativity, but the long time slacker from Harwood has a big demand on his time. I'm just a boy who can't say no. If I was a girl I'd be  having a very good time! Anyway, as a result, all things Christmas are behind shed yule, wherever that might be. If I can catch up, something I could never do as a runner, I will gladly attend, though having a coffee at the end sounds a bit cosy to me and has more than a hint of decadence. A drink of ice-cold water after a few hours in the cold and wet amongst the hills is sufficient replenishment for the hardy fell-runner. Well, so they tell me.

Last Sunday YJ, EtU, and I, ran the Longridge7. No prizes for guessing how many miles that race was. The results are not in but I know that YJ posted a time of 59mins nn secs. On a flat course it would have been good, but on a course with so much climbing it was an absolutely tremendous time. I came in about fourteen minutes later. But I am a year older!

Every finisher received a medal of small consequence and a Christmas Pudding of even smaller consequence. On the label it said "Microscope not included". Why do they give a medal for finishing a 7 mile race? That said, some race organisers on seeing the state of me, have given me a medal just for turning up, and then told me to go away. Or words to that affect.

No comments: