Wednesday, November 04, 2015

WFDBWGUA on the Road

Following on from my performance at Stevenage, I've decided to try and challenge myself to improving my Half Marathon PB. This currently stands at 1:55:44 (Haweswater 2013).

So I've entered Wilmslow on the 3rd April 2016. Renown PB course. Well I achieved one in 2005 (1:58:27) until it was improved in 2007 then 2013. So I'm hoping the omens are good.

I'm setting myself some targets and these are as follows

Gold + Standard  = Sub 1:50 (Gun Time)
Gold Standard = Sub 1:50 (Chip Time)

Silver + Standard = Sub 1:55:44 (Gun Time)
Silver Standard = Sub 1:55:44 (Chip Time)

Bronze + Standard = Sub 1:58:27 (Gun Time)
Bronze Standard = Sub 1:58:27 (Chip Time)

To achieve Gold + Standard I'll need to up my min/m pace from 9min/m to 8min/m. I achieved this in 2011 but only over 10K.

So major catastrophe aside, I'm hoping that I'll achieve something on the list of targets.

Training-wise, my only concession may be to try and throw in a road race once every 6-8 weeks. The first one I've spotted is the Guys 10 on 6th Dec near Preston. Info reports it being flat, and given that it's my flat speed that needs improving, it could be just what I'm after.

TF

1 comment:

Ed the Unready said...

My main target for 2016 is a good time in the Snowdonia Marathon, so I also will be doing some road races - our paths may cross.