Friday, November 13, 2015

Sub 1:50 HM - Training so far

Thought I'd update you on how the training was going, or not as the case may be!

Last Saturday was XC day at Sherdley Park in St Helen's. I was on official duties so no running for me as too busy making the butties and erecting tents. The butties fared better than the tents is all I say! (Nice to see TYC out doing his bit for the club)

This left me with Sunday for a run, so I headed over to Hebden Bridge for the Wadsworth Trog. A slight change in route this year and despite thinking I had it covered, I still managed to mess up my approach to the 6th CP which nearly cost me 3rd from back. Time out on feet was 2:18, with a fair amount of running and not a lot of walking. Comparing with previous results and allowing for a course change this result meant it wasn't going to be a sub-4hr ToP for me this year. Oh well, all miles in the bank.

Roll on to Wednesday and do remember that cold I had 2 weeks before? Well this time it was back in the guise of a very annoying irritating cough. By yesterday I'd made the decision that ToP was a 'no-no' and emailed the organizer to offer my place to someone on the W/L. I still felt well enough to manage a steady road run so opted for a little bit of running/thinking doing the Night Street League that MDOC put on.

I have always maintained that my worst injuries occur when running on tarmac. Well this time I wasn't even running, I tripped over a kerb stone I hadn't seen, and landed on all fours. Anyway, true professional I dusted myself off (first having had a glance round that I hadn't been observed) and hobbled to the registration. Probably running slower made me think better and my %par (too complicated to explain how it works) improved from 111 to 123 in the series so far. Downside now is that getting up and down hurts and no-one's getting any teeth out today as I can't grip the forceps!

I'm having a weekend off from running (think it'll be safer!) and plan to be out next Saturday for a Utup and a 10-13m road run on the Sunday (venue TBC) if anyone fancies it?

TF


No comments: