Sunday, October 11, 2015

Windgather Fell Race Sunday 11th Oct 2015

It's been a while since I did this, 2007 to be exact. I had a trawl back through the blog but alas no report from then.

I'd penciled this in for for half marathon training, and now realised I must have been thinking along the same lines in 2007, as I'm booked in to the same Half Marathon 8 years on, 1st Nov! Distance today was 13.5m and 2500ft of climbing

A lovely day for it. It's a very pretty route early on, running along the the banks of the two reservoirs in the Goyt Valley - Erwood & Fernilee. Bit of a slog up to Shinnig Tor but the views were worth it. I'm pleased to say I ran nearly all of the route, with a couple of 'walkie' bits due to underfoot terain.

Well in 2007 I managed 2:45 as a V35, in 2015 I managed (approx) 2:48 as a V45. So overall not too bad a drift for the extra 8 years. Interesting to see what I can do at Stevenage on 1st Nov. Now, there is a report for that so you can all have a read. I don't intend to do the XC relays the day before unless they are seriously desperate. I'm hoping to get a bit of speed work in before then so see if I can beat my time.

TF

1 comment:

Ed the Unready said...

Good luck on Sunday, the website tells us that '...fast times are possible...' so with a 10:00 start you should be in by noon.