Saturday, June 27, 2015

White Bear Way - walk before you run

Just had an enjoyable day doing the 21 mile White Bear Way along with YJ, TM, EtU and Kev. A great event with loads of food and an excellent course. Brilliant value for money (only £10 or £12 on the day - and you know the profits are going to a good cause).
Because of my recent injury I dare not do it as a run so did it as a walk but happy with 21.65 miles (and I didn't go astray) in 6hrs 13.
Suprised not to see Kev pass me en route, after insinuating I was a wimp at registration. Hope you had a good excuse, and weren't just wimping out to do the 10 miler. Okay I think you called me a drama queen rather than a wimp.
Thought YJ had a cracking run, pulling back my 53 minute lead due to my earlier start time by Hordern Stoops. I did manage to finish while YJ and TM were still tucking into their hotpot etc.
Having not done any running and only a little walking in the past three weeks, I can certainly feel my lack of fitness now but at least I seem to have got away with not making the leg worse. Hopefully I can try a run by the middle of the week.

1 comment:

Ed the Unready said...

If something embarrassing happens to you, and it is likely to hit the press, it's often better to own up before someone else publishes it. So here it is:- t'Y walked the 21 miles faster than I "ran" it!