Sunday, June 14, 2015

Update on mi Woodin Leg

Things didn't improve. A further visit to A&E on Wednesday where they put me on additional antibiotics and told me to return on Friday unless I had recovered. I had not so on Friday they did a scan to reveal further woody material somewhere under the skin. I was then given the option of my leg being opened up with no guarantee that the offending matter would be found (notoriously difficult to locate). I wanted a quicker recovery (the option was to leave it in and the body˚s system eventually sorts it out) so had the surgeon hunt for it under local anaesthetic (me not him). He found three shards and I now have them as a souvenir .... and a very sore leg so it will be a while before I am running again. Stitches are removed on the 22nd so my procrastination  in entering White Bear Way Challenge may have been wise.
Thanks to EtU for your concern and hopefully I shall be at quarterly doo in Friday (just me this time).

No comments: