Thursday, April 30, 2015

Weekend running

It's that time of year again when I test my mettle and empty my wallet for a 3 day jaunt around the Lakes otherwise know as the 'Great Lakeland 3 Day' (details here wwwgreatlakeland3day.com), so I won't be out for a utup this week on Saturday.

Preparation began at the Easter bank holiday with the laying out of 'stuff' (aka high tech mountain running kit) on the spare bed. My kit list now extends to 4 pages of A4 it's that detailed! We're allowed a 59L dry bag with a max weight of 13Kg and a rucksack for running with during the day. The 59L Bag is transported to the overnight camps for us.

Previous years have had my main bag coming in at about 11kg, so this year I've added an extra luxury item, one of these beauties

Image Placeholder


I'm aiming to be the envy of the campsite! It's very sturdy, extremely comfy and can apparently (manufacturers claim) cope with up to 250lb person. It packs down to about 28x10cm and on my kitchen scales it weighed approx 750g incl it's little bag. If they tell me the 59L bag's too heavy at the weigh in, it's going to be a tough choice between ditching the chair or leaving the bottle of wine. May have to toss a coin.

Looks like we're in for some typical May Bank holiday weather, sun, wind, rain, snow etc so if you're out in it too folks have a good'un!

TF

2 comments:

TLoB said...

Good luck Julie, I hope it goes well.

EtU said...

Not a difficult choice - if you choose the chair you'd lean back and say 'All I need now is a bottle of wine', but if you had chosen the wine you wouldn't be hankering after the seat - so no coin tossing!