Sunday, April 05, 2015

Pike Race

This blog posting is initially to thank all of my friends for the fantastic support I received at yesterday’s event. I only wish I could have done that bit better. My time was 40m.01s against the over 80 record of 39m. 22s. However, I achieved my ambition to be the first Horwich Harrier to complete the race in my age group.Below are some pictures taken on the day:

Pike Race 002

Before the Event

Pike Race 003

The Race Start

Pike Race 005

T’Yorkshireman coming home

Pike Race 006

Then TLoB

Pike Race 007

Next YJ

Pike Race 009

Then Matt

Pike Race 010

EtU with that distinctive style

Pike Race 013 

Me breaking the tape.

Pike Race 017

The Presentation

The prize was twelve bottles of beer; four each for my pacers, Andy Ford and his friend Frew Savage and four for me. I’ll contact you asap Andy.

4 comments:

EtU said...

...and in the photograph of t'Y, just behind the main subject, can be seen the slender figure of EYJ, who finished just 2 seconds behind him and took the first V70 place. John may be being a bit naughty here, in that whilst in the results as 'Unattached' he appears to be still sporting his red vest. Anything known?

TLoB said...

He wasn't the only one. Brent did exactly the same thing.

TLoB said...

Senility has set in. I meant Wilf not Brent.

t'Yorkshireman said...

Not sure why EYJ listed as U/A. He is fully paid up. Wilf has yet to rejoin to my knowledge - it must be his first race in many years.