Thursday, April 30, 2015

No UT but almost UP this coming Saturday

Well it is almost here. On Saturday, I embark from the Anderton Centre to run/walk the furthest I have ever done. Whether I am fit enough remains to be seen. I need to balance a steady pace with my desire to have descended Pendle Hill before darkness. If you are out and about this weekend, here is my rough schedule:
Start at Anderton Centre at 10am then via Rivington Primary, past Go Ape to Liverpool Castle, then head towards Top Barn and up to Georges Lane via our usual route to the Pike. Continue along Georges Lane to Horden Stoops and along the track that we used to use as a circuit (the one recommended by Norman) into Belmont then Darwen Tower, Witton Weavers Way and on through to Whalley (target by 5pm), Barley (7.30pm), over Pendle Hill to Downham (9pm) then through the night via Bolton-by-Bowland, Tosside, through Gisburn Forest, Slaidburn, Newton, Dunsop Bridge and Chipping by around dawn. Then it is back to the finish via Hurst Green, Mellor Brook, Brinscall and White Coppice.
My target is to finish by nightfall on Sunday but that is subject to me finishing at all. Many people say I am mad to be attempting it and they are probably right.
Here is the overview map of the route:

The full information is on the Red Rose 100 website here.

1 comment:

TLoB said...

I am sure you will do it. Enjoy it.