Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Morning After and The Night Before

The Night Before was a great success. A big turn out to celebrate JtE's 80th and I think it is true to say that everyone enjoyed themselves, especially the main man, JtE. A big thank you to EtU for organising the venue, and to NLN for sorting out the presents.

The Morning After saw JtE, SN and my good self at the entrance to Lever Park for a recce of the Pike Race course. It turned out that SN had never run the route before but that didn't stop her setting a good pace up the concrete path, and we reached the top in 25 minutes. JtE then demonstrated his descending skills and we completed the course in 40.07.

Given that we had to stop and open all the gates, I reckon that at least 2 minutes can be knocked off this on race day. So I am proposing a sweepstake: predict JtE's time on Easter Saturday and the closest will win a bottle of wine that I will provide. To start the ball rolling, my entry is 37.36.
Over to you

No comments: