Sunday, March 22, 2015

A busy weekend

First and most importantly,  a truly excellent equinox "do" where we celebrated JtE's coming 80th and although TLoB over-focussed on me, looking forward to The Pike Race, if JtE were to arrive fresh with 100 to go to the finish, I know who my money would be on ... and not just against me. I'm sure he still possesses an exquisite turn of speed.
The main UTUP on Saturday, alas, only had EtU, Colin and myself setting off. By the descent from the Pike to Georges Lane, that had diminished to just yours truly : Colin having planned to be home early while Ed had not planned to cut his run short but say no more!  I persevered, had a chat with Dave Jackson before ascending to Two Lads and then continued to Winter Hill and thence to Hordern Stoops, the Bomber Memorial and Healey Nab : a good morning's run 21k (13 miles) in just over 2 hrs 30.
Today, saw an early start as I was sweeping on the Two Crosses Circuit so no running but 25 miles of quite brisk walking as we set off 30 minutes behind everyone else and need to spend a few minutes at each checkpoint to ensure everyone is safely through. Saw Kev at the start. Didn't see TM but know she ran (posted on Strava) - photo of Kev here and TM here.
At last I have got a decent amount of training in for the week - 50 miles and 6670 feet of ascent on top of 36/5600 the previous week.

No comments: