Thursday, January 08, 2015

Who's a softy?

I see that NLN is made of sterner stuff than myself, running  over rough ground with a broken arm.

Sadly I am still keeping to tarmac and smoother, more level tracks than those up on Winter Hill. I have been warned not to do anything that might tear apart the carefully embroidered 12 in. scar that adorns my shoulder, at least until the end of  January.  This means no swimming, not lifting anything heavy or, given my proclivity to falling over (or being pushed?), not running on terrain more suitable for grown ups.

So, although I will be UTUPing on Saturday,  gales permitting,  my choice of route will be predetermined and boring.  If anyone wants to join me the route will be: Rivington Green, Bowling Club, Cascade, Yew Tree,  bridle path to White Coppice (missing out the Nab) , Goyt, underground cowshed, Brinscall and Abbey Village, returning by the same route hopefully faster than the outward leg. Target is 16 miles

Medical note: The wound is healing nicely  and I hope  to be given the green light for full activity when I see the consultant on  January 30th.

No comments: