Monday, December 01, 2014

In anticipation of being 'Out of Action'

There are three of the squad awaiting surgery; mine is scheduled for Monday 8th December and, I am told, will sideline me for several weeks.

In anticipation of this, and in an attempt to delay the onset of endorphin withdrawal symptoms, I am planning to 'run' the Baker's Dozen, this Saturday 6th December. As you may know, this particular round is simply a Coope's with a trek out to Darwen Tower and back thrown in between Spitler's and Great Hill.  It's a good (!) 24 miles.

I'm going to do the UTUP and then transfer to the Top Barn for a 9:00 start. In June this year TM and YJ were kind enough to keep me company for the duration of 8 hours and one minute - so if you think you've seen me run slowly, you ain't seen nothing yet!

Grateful for company for all or part.

I will leave the other two waiting-listers to update you on their dealings with the medical profession. Saturdays may be a bit lean for the next few weeks, but I'm sure you will keep the ball rolling. 

Also, any more for the 'do' on the 19th?

5 comments:

Temporarily Misplaced said...

I should be able to join you on Saturday morning, although probably not for the duration as I have a busy afternoon planned. Saw you on your bike on Sunday morning and waved from the van but not sure you knew it was us. You were heading towards Anglezarke car park. Wonder what the Police were doing on Knowsley Lane.

Ed the Unready said...

Saw your wave but didn't realise it was you. There was a telegraph pole by the side of the road and skid marks and I though I heard one of the bobbies say something about mopping up oil.

Temporarily Misplaced said...

Don't forget your head torch on Saturday!

Ed the Unready said...

Cheeky madam!!!

Temporarily Misplaced said...

Ha ha, I was being serious - if it takes 8 hours again it will be dark for the last hour.