Monday, October 27, 2014

Toughing it out on the Trough

If training goes well and recovery from the Langdale marathon continues I am planning a road  run round the Trough of Bowland on Weds 19th Nov,  a distance of about 26 miles.

EtU took on this challenge on a very hot day about three years ago, a run I was due to do with him but from which  I had to back out due to injury.  Since then it has been planned that I would tackle the run  with  his time of 5hr 20mins (approx) as a target and with his support from a following car to provide food and drink.

I realise road running  is not everyone's favourite pastime but if anyone wishes to join us for all or part of this venture they are most welcome. If  there is sufficient interest it may be possible to change the date to a weekend. 

As ever at the moment all plans are subject to the scheduled operation on my shoulder.  As yet there is no hint of a date.

No comments: