Thursday, May 01, 2014

Saturday's options

I was going to suggest the Cake Race which I found very enjoyable last year, especially the devouring of cakes after the race. However, Albert suggested that I would be better served doing Pendle Cloughs : I am sure I won't enjoy it as much but the reasoning is that it will be much better preparation building up for the GRP in August.
Last year I noted that only 68 ran, with Tony Varley sweeping everyone in after 4 hours and Mick Green a dnf so a bit concerned how I would cope. I can't see it being any more popular this year as Saturday also has the championship race at Coniston. However, the weather prospects look good for running and navigation so I think I'll give it a go. Hoping for around three and half hours. Anybody else fancy it?
Oh and Monday is Wray Caton Fell Race. Again an excellent race with the Scarecrow Festival an added attraction.

No comments: