Saturday, April 05, 2014

Can do better

What a good day out in the Howgills! Though the weather did not suit everyone there was useful climbing and descending for those of us who need to improve in these areas. It 's just disappointing that we fell so far short of our aims.  Perhaps we can do a repeat later in the year with a more realistic target.

Statistically the route was 7 miles completed at a average speed of 26 mins 26 secs per mile with 2739 ft of ascent.  The first summit was 2111 ft achieved after 57 mins 50 secs and l.64 miles and the second was 2078 ft  reached after 1 hr 34  mins and 56 ses and 3.16 miles.

1 comment:

t'Yorkshireman said...

John,
Don't be too hard. I thought it was a good run out and ticked some boxes for me. In retrospect the run back was so easy that going over Calf would have been useful but we may have thought different if we'd done it.
From where you were 3 months ago I thought you had an excellent run.
Extracting the info from my garmin, the first summit was reached in 38:13 of actual running and you weren't much slower than me. The second in 72 mins. After that I'd messed up my recording but can see I was getting down to 6:40 miling on the run back.