Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Parbold Duathlon Sunday 9th March '14

Sporty Swift and I entered this duathlon (run 3.2 miles - cycle 16.8 - run 3.2) in preparation for our respective triathlons later this year.
 
This was Rachel's first solo participation in a multi-event and she was a little apprehensive of what lay in store. However, unfazed by the strong competition, she paced herself well and completed both runs inside her target pace of 9 minute miling and completed the whole event in 2:37:32, just 88% on top of Brian Fogarty's time (the winner) of 1:23:43.

 http://www.sportsunday.co.uk/parbold-duathaon170#photo
 
I had a nasty attack of the wheezes and dropped out after the first 1.6 mile lap of the two lap run course. Disappointing as my training has been going well recently and I ran my best track session of the year the day after.

No comments: