Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Amble ramblings

It was probably a mistake to enter the long Amble having done nowhere near enough training for a long event.  However I did manage to complete the full distance, after a fashion.

As T'Y has indicated strong winds were a big factor and once the route turned into the full force of the gale at Darwen Tower it had a big effect on pace, was  energy sapping, and made straight line running  difficult.  Several times I was blown off the path.

My hopes had been  to beat last year's time of 6hr 45 mins and by the tower I was several minutes ahead of schedule.  With the effects of the wind and the lack of mileage, progress after White Coppice was especially slow and I finished 20 minutes slower than last year, having walked most of the way from Waterman's Cottage.

Congratulations to NLN, T'Y and FSS who all managed to cope with the distance and the wind .

I will be UTUPping on Saturday.



No comments: