Thursday, January 16, 2014

Now the hard work begins

This year's challenge is on. And now that I've also been accepted for a full-time job (starting Monday), this is no longer quite the annoyance to the boss that it was a week ago. End of August sees me joining Mr & Mrs Sunter and Inov8 Insider (as I think he is known on the FRA forum) on the start line of the Grand Raid Pyrenees. Albert is doing the 160km event whilst the sensible ones amongst us will compete in the mere 80km (50 miles) event with approx 16,500 feet of climb.
New job means that I will have to be more organised in my training and will include some weekend working : I will be able to get in some long runs during the week and will do Anglezarke Amble (entered) and Haworth Hobble (not yet entered).

1 comment:

Ed the Unready said...

Well done with the job Gordon, and good luck with the training.

Let me (and YJ?) know about any mid-week sessions you are planning.

The event sounds about the size of the Joss Naylor Crossing, but no doubt the terrain will be slightly different.