Friday, December 20, 2013

Catching Up

Hope to be on the UTUP in the morning (don't expect anyone to read this before then) and expect to be quite lethargic after what must be my highest mileage week for a long time.
Last Saturday was a hard slog around the cross-country with a course that was at least 80% mud underfoot. YJ also there but I believe it got the better of him. At one point I was also prone on the ground thanks to trying to pick up the pace on a faster part of the course near the end of lap 2 : same distance as Liverpool XC - 14 minutes slower!
Sunday : a good workout of 16 miles or so, walking from Top Barn over Pike & Two Lads to lunch at Bob's Smithy and back via Winter Hill and Wilderswood on the Christmas Cracker Walk.
A gentle (not!) 16 miles on Tuesday with EYJ over Winter Hill through Belmont, Witton Weavers Way, Great Hill, White Coppice and back to Wilderswood and last night my version of the Hospital Run clocked 11.7 miles, having run from home to the Leisure Centre for the start. So virtually 50 miles in 5 days. Quite crisp on Tuesday and although I forgot my proper camera, did take these with the phone from Witton Weavers Way.



No comments: