Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Immobile Running

I have campaigned over the years attempting, without success, to persuade people to carry an open mobile phone while out on the moors regardless of whether they run solo or in company. Having read about the events of last Saturday I feel justified. Obviously, if phones had been open the loss of contact would have been avoided. (I carry mine in a waterproof bag in case it rains or I fall into a stream). Further, if EtU had become immobilised, very serious consequences would have been avoided. With the winter approaching, with all its inherent dangers, I make the suggestion again. If all of this seems to make some sense please e-mail your mobile number to me at sjohncoope@tiscali.co.uk  and I will circulate a list of numbers to add to your contact list.

No comments: