Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I Went Home for My Porridge

Whilst out this morning doing my Pike Steps reps, I came across this event:-

http://www.hillrunner.org.uk/info2.cfm?info_id=218855

Today was the first of the five days and I arrived at the main marshalling station just a few minutes before the first runner.

The race starts at Wilcox's farm near Anglezarke and runs to the car park below the Pigeon Tower. From there it's up to the Pike, down through the gardens and back to the marshalls at the car park. Then it's up the pike again for seven (!) more laps before returning to the farm to have your brain put back in, rest up and prepare for the second day, and the third day, and...

One guy dropped out after his first lap.

They'll still be going Saturday and Sunday if you have a sadistic streak.

No comments: