Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Success?

Thank you to all who helped this non-teccie OAP with his blogging problem, which now appears to be sorted.  Reversion to my previous browser:- Windows Internet Explorer, seems to have done the trick.

Just a few snippets that I had given up on due to posting problems:-

Bowfell, taken in mid October from few hundred yards past Brotherelkeld Farm,  Eskdale:-


A sign on Seascale Golf Course:-


Do they go commando from here on?

I passed this sign on my way to the Greycroft stone circle, of which I had not heard until reading Tom Fletcher's 'The Ravenglass Eye'.

http://www.stone-circles.org.uk/stone/greycroft.htm

Saturday 26th October saw my eldest's first outing with the squad, when she, JTE, YJ and I visited the Pike, Two Lads and Winter Hill Trig Point, before those three returned to the barn, leaving me to cover a couple more miles to visit the Bomber Memorial and return over Alance Bridge. On the way I diverted further up Lead Mines Clough, to find a quite spectacular waterfall that is definitely worth a visit with a camera.

And finally, I'm UTUPing Thursday 31st (ghosts and ghouls permitting) and Saturday 2nd Nov.

No comments: