Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekend Report

Well the weather for the Turbine Tangle proved kind, no problems with visabilty. A rather select number of contenders set off from Cowpe at 10.00am with 3hrs to 'bag' all 26 turbines.

100m into the race and the field had split in 2 with the choice of routes up to the top of the moor. We were using the older punch card method of recording our visit to each windmill. Not a long piece of string attached the clip to the bottom of the series of metal steps associated with each one.  So having pinned my card to my vest to save having to carry it, I had to get down on my knees to be able to punch the card.

Must have looked like I was praying to the eco-power god. I got them all in a time of 2.35, the winner managed 1.38. Full results on Rossendales Facebook page.

The LDMT ended up being cancelled despite the best efforts of all involved. So all that remained was for some of us to sit and have a good natter whilst we made inroads into the pile of cakes, whilst others went to go and retrieve the Marshalls that had all ready made it to their control position. Having raced the day before I had no guilty conscience being one of the former. Top marks to those that ventured out and many thanks to those that stayed with me for some enjoyable 'fellrunning' craic. Back again next year?

TF

No comments: