Thursday, August 08, 2013

While I'm on a roll...

I'm sure I've talked with a few of you before about this site, but whether I have or haven't, I decided to go and visit Overexposed again today when I stopped for a short run on the way back from a meeting in Rotherham. This time I brought back some pictures.

The site is the wreck of a B-29 Superfortress that crashed in bad weather in the Peak District on 3rd November 1948 with the loss of all on board. Still not sure I can get my head round the sheer force of the impact with hill that tore it apart, or that if they'd descended only a few seconds later, they'd have surely missed the hill altogether.

I normally spend a significant amount of time here when I go up to it, just walking round looking at it all, trying to comprehend what happened.











No comments: