Monday, August 26, 2013

Butterfly Blip

Isn't a wonderful world! Let me start at the beginning - often a sensible approach. A week or two ago I was talking to NLN and mentioned the number of butterflies that had been congregating on my budlea bushes - planted for that very purpose. She suggested that I post some pictures. This develpoed into the concept of a butterfly blip - I would post a picture of a different butterfly species, every day, taken on that day in my garden. Given that I had only ever seen a small number of different species at chez nous, this would obviously be a short lived project. However today, luck was on my side. I went out with my camera and the first little beast I saw was this:-
This is a comma. I'd never seen one before, hence 'deep joy' - as Stanley Unwin used to say. Watch for tomorrow's exciting installment.

No comments: