Friday, July 19, 2013

No UTUP for me

Got a busy weekend with my grandson's naming Day (Christening in old money) followed by hols so went out this morning, quite early, 9am start on my regular 7.5 mile route to Smithills Res and Winter Hill. Seven minutes slower than Monday and then it took me until afternoon to recover,

It was already 23ยช at 9am so I do recommend an early start and an easy run tomorrow for anyone venturing out.

Wednesday's Jubilee was quite encouraging for me - a little over 39 minutes for a 5 mile hilly race which was still quite warm. I lost a few places on the run-in, just didn't seem to have anything left.
I think YJ should be happy with his return even though the last time I ran it, he was well in front of me :   the recovery is well on the way. I was amazed to find the last time I had raced the Jubilee was 2009, so pleased to be 1:40 quicker.

Last Saturday's run was interesting. I was a few minutes late but noticed a distinct absence of familiar vehicles, so after waiting a couple of minutes, headed off to Two Lads. A pause there and I recognised the style of Ed approaching from the Wilderswood direction. He was not alone, but accompanied by another runner who I hope will join us on future runs. His name is Os, or Osimon (spelling may be incorrect) and is training for some long distance stuff so could well turn out at UTUPs. Look out for him : he knows that both Ed and I are away for a few weeks.

No comments: