Saturday, July 27, 2013

Coope’s Dozen–Today

I few pictures taken during the day

DSCF0001(1)

At the start

 

DSCF0003(1)

These three finished the lot.

 

DSCF0004(1)

And all but Healey Nab.

I hear that Albert, Suzanne and one other formed a super quick group finishing well ahead of the quick group. I’m interested to know if Suzanne is now the quickest lady beating Caroline Wright’s record. Can someone let me know please either by posting on this blog or by e-mailing me on sjohncoope@tiscali.co.uk Also, can someone either post a blog or e-mail to me a report on the activities of both groups.

I followed the slower fast group as far as possible being the only member of the slow group after YJ dropped out at Rivington Pike. My route from there was Two Lads and to the far end of Smithills Reservoir where I turned left to “the wall” and up to Counting Hill and Winter Hill where the group caught me up. Then down to Hordern Stoops where YJ kindly provided some refreshments. Then forward to Great Hill missing out Old Adam Hill hoping that I would be caught again near Great Hill. However I saw nobody from thereon and carried on to White Coppice, missing out Round Loaf, and to the finish. A Coope’s Eight so to speak. 15.19 miles.

A very impressive turn out in the hot and humid conditions.

1 comment:

EtU said...

Two or three faces on the start line that I don't recognise; can anybody list them all? Assuming that there was just JtE behind the camera, it looks like there were fourteen aspirants.