Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Woolpack Walk Challenge

Hands up those who knew about this? Bit of a discussion here http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showthread.php?19713-The-Woolpack-Walk-Challenge

In brief - Start at the Woolpack Inn Eskdale and visit Slight Side, Scafell, Scafell Pike, Esk Pike via Esk Hause, Bow Fell, Crinkles with Long Top as the summit, Hardknott and Harter. Clock wise or Anti Clockwise and a sub 12hr completion gets you a pint of beer and an entry in the log book.

My natural inclination would be Anti Clockwise as that means you climb up from Foxes Tarn, and I'm more familiar with the route from Bow Fell to Slight Side 'cos of the Great Lakes race. Just the thing for a wet bank holiday August weekend!


TF

1 comment:

EtU said...

I was aware of this but can't remember where I came across it. I usually have a couple of pints there when I'm at Santon, but I've not seen the book. Do you know whether 'Hardknott' refers to the fell, or is just an indicator of the route to use? The top is definitely worth a visit if you've never paused there, as it gives a wonderful panorama of the really big stuff across upper Eskdale.