Sunday, May 12, 2013

Yesterday

I left the Lower Barn at 8.30am prompt with a view to trying to intercept either KLM or EtU on their Coope’s Dozen rounds. I made straight for Two Lads keeping my eye on The Pike, George’s Lane and Two Lads where possible, and from Two Lads I looked at the moorland route from The Pike and ahead to the route that would lead me to the shooting hut. Nobody to be seen. I then went ahead to the shooting hut and on joining the main path leading from Winter Hill I was aware of two runners approaching from that direction. It turned out to be TIM and his colleague, Dave. Then it was to Smithills Reservoir where I left the Coope’s Dozen route to proceed along “the wall” in the hope of a meeting around Counting Hill where I would rejoin the route. Reaching there I couldn’t stop because, by then, it was raining hard and cold. I carried on over Winter Hill and there, in lousy weather conditions, I left the Coope’s Dozen route and got of the hill via the wooden bridge, Sheep’s Back and back to the Lower Barn. I saw EtU’s car at the top of the avenue leading to the Top Barn. By this time the clag was down into the bungalow grounds.

No comments: