Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Horwich Tri Sunday 5th May

Finished in a few seconds under 3:48, 324th out of 325. Pretty bad, but only 8 1/2 minutes slower than last year, so not a total disaster. Most of the way round I was muttering "Never again!", but I'm over that now and planning some cycle training - that was my worst discipline, I was absolute slowest in that.

The logic is that as it's the longest duration in time (and distance), any %age improvement would give the biggest absolute improvement and may mean that the legs aren't as wrecked for the run - but as we all know - the best laid plans of mice and men gang aft awry (or something like that).

Thought you may be interested to hear that TV, Albs and Mark S were on George's lane, on my run out, jeering as usual. They'd got down to Chorley Old on my return and even offered some slight encouragement, but that changed as soon as they noticed Marie from Chorley TRI just behind me (she had started in a later wave) and they immediately encouraged her to pass and beat me - rotten lot!

No comments: