Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pike Race 2013

Thank you to those who have provided me with their 'climb time' from which I have been able to do my assessment of relative climbing and descending strengths.  Paul Murray once told me that on a course that suited him, he could get down in half the time it took him to get up.  Using that ratio as the measure, i.e down time as a percentage of up time I offer you, the following:-

MW     46.0% wow!

TYC   52.8% (2012)

Tom Hilton   55.2%

t'Y    57.2% - Gordon, based on your time up and published results

RM   57.2% - that's my girl!

EtU   57.6%

KLM   57.9%

Eden S   62.6%

YJ   68.6%

Please check your figures and offer comments.  Note that I've calculated 'down' times by taking individual's submitted 'up' time from  their total time in the published results:- http://www.race-results.co.uk/results/2013/pike13.htm

Paul M's watch malfunctioned, so no times from the man whose performance we were most interested in.

No comments: