Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Anglezarke Amble - Saturday 9th February 2013

In response to EtU’s search for any successes on Saturday’s outing I’m afraid I can’t really oblige, although given the conditions and my current state of fitness I feel I had as good an outing as I could have asked for – details at  Out and About

Great to see YJ at the end who seems to be making progress at last in his recovery.  Great to almost stumble into Nic’O and SN on the descent from Great Hill.  I was having a particularly bad patch when they asked how I was – apologies for the response!

My camera only came out once to snap these three ladies who seemed to be going at about my pace.  Given the rather nasty conditions I decided to try to stick with them as a safety in numbers strategy and their red jackets proved rather useful in some instances.  This worked well all the way round to Slipper Low and familiar territory.  I was happy to relax at this point and tried to stretch out the back and hamstring take in some liquid and let them go ahead – in the event, we finished more or less together.

updated (1 of 1)-3

My (unknowing) Pacers climbing Winter Hill

Sunday was atrocious weather for the Winter Hill FR and my plan to stroll up to the top of the ramp was abandoned in preference to reading the paper in the car before appearing with an umbrella at the finish.  Well done to FSS and Albert in successfully completing the Double!

updated (3 of 4)

RO Colin Jones with his lovely assistant Mr Sunter – the face on the right says it all!

updated (4 of 4)

Alistair Murray with the Norman Mathews Trophy – first Horwich RMI runner home

Results here

Commiserations to our own TYC who succumbed to a knee problem on the day, and to KLM who gamely started out on the Amble only to realise that his return to full fitness was incomplete and sensibly turned back to the start from Winter Hill.

Huge thanks to organisers and marshalls who had really tough times on both events last weekend!

Anyone out Saturday?  Disappointed smile

No comments: