Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Happy New Year

Just wishing everyone a happy new year.

Postings have been sparse as I've been waiting for results to come in.

Whinberry Naze on the 26th Dec proved too short a race to catch T'Y, who finished a minute ahead. Results are now on the Rossendale Harriers Website.

Dec 30th saw me out doing the 'Festive Disorientation' . An 'enjoyable' 2:40hrs searching for labeled sticks of wood on the boggy heather strewn moors above Tintwistle. The 2012 checkpoints are listed on the following web page https://sites.google.com/a/sheffield.ac.uk/peakotrial/2012 . My route was 2,3,5,6,7&4, some went anti-c, some even went to cp1 just for good measure (still back before me!). No long course results yet though although winner (Tom Brunt) managed it in 1:29hrs.

Finally a little (8m) blast up to Nine Standards and back yesterday to blow away 2012 cobwebs and welcome in the new year. I can report that I ran all of the Tarmac bits and some of the track. Decidedly wet underfoot further up and snowing by the time I got to the top so didn't hang about for the views. Some record beating times for the front end of the race, room for improvement for the tailenders. Hopefully wont have to wait a week for these results to appear.

Checking my calendar it appears I can now do utup tomorrow but not Saturday.

TF

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: