Monday, August 27, 2012

Last Week

A couple of good wfdbwgua group outings:-

Thursday 23rd Aug - NLN, Steve, CW, KLM and yours truly headed for Two Lads, then Winter Hill trig (see NLN's blip for that date), then across Douglas Springs towards the Pike. At the stream crossing CW and KLM headed for home leaving the three of us to take in the Pike. Finally Brinks Row, West View and back to the cars. Just over 6 miles; good to see a bigger turnout than of late.

Saturday 25th - After having neglected the Tower of Terror for quite some time, NLN and I had decided last week to treat it to a visit when next we met. So fairly promptly after 8:30 NLN, Mat, CW, KLM and I set off for Darwen via NLN's "optimum" route. Again, we lost CW and KLM fairly soon after the start, as they turned for home on Spitler's Edge. Despite my trailing behind, we got to the tower inside 2 hours. We returned via a quicker (than the "optimum"?) route (ask NLN) although I broke my journey by returning to my car, which I had stashed at Hordern Stoops earlier that morning. Total time for my outing, including my early morning run down from Hordern Stoops to the barn was 3:51. NLN and Mat were probably quicker? Total distance probably about 14 miles.

No comments: