Saturday, August 04, 2012

Chorley 4 Trail Race

In the past there have been many a battle between wdfbwgua-ers on the Chorley 4 but at this, my only attempt in this years's series, I was the sole entry. It's now a few years sine it switched from its fast 4 mile road race to an undulating 4.4 mile trail race in Astley Park.Conditions were quite decent, a bit of drizzle at the start, the trail parts a bit slippy underfoot so trail shoes were a good choice, even overtook one bloke running in PBs. Started off steady and had a good run, almost catching Mister Murray with an effort on the final climb just before the finish. Results show that I was in fact nearly two minutes slower than 12 months ago but with a minute of my three races in 2009. Nice to get support from the Sweatmans out on the course. One result of the race is that my left knee has been painful ever since so I've given this morning's UTUP a miss. Nice to see Matt at the, er, horn.

No comments: