Monday, July 23, 2012

Amble Run

In order to check my capability for this week’s Coope’s Dozen I decided to attempt the 16 mile Amble route. EtU and Mark Sammon kindly joined me at the barn for part of the route, hanging around for me as necessary. Near to the south eastern corner of the Belmont Reservoir (5.69 miles) we parted company, EtU and Mark taking the route past Higher Pasture House (generally known to us as Dog Bucket Farm). I proceeded to the finger post on Catherine Edge  continuing on the Amble route. At Hollinshead Hall I ignored the diversion to Slipper Lowe check point, continuing on via Piccadilly and completing the run. The weather was excellent for running; broken sunshine and, at times, a cool breeze. It was very heavy under foot at times, particularly on the section to Great Hill and then to White Coppice. Slipped on the mud and came a cropper, the dirt all over me making me look like a proper fell runner.

16.22 miles in 4 hours 33 minutes. Pathetic eh?

Where did you and Mark get to EtU?

No comments: