Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Belated Photos from Turkey

The hill from the villa:-


Lurkey (my companion for the outing - think Chicken Licken) on the summit:-

Goats on the descent:-

The villa's somewhere over on the right.

The goats in silhouette:-
This was the view from another one I climbed on the north of the Bodrum Peninsula:-

I miss three things when visiting Mediterranean countres:- proper beer (obviously), the green, green grass of home, and Ordnance Survey maps. I haven't a clue what the two hills I climbe were called, or how high they were, and without marked paths (indeed, mostly without paths) it's very difficult to find routes.

Finally, snapped this old well near where we were staying:-

Tried to get the OSH to look at it, but she wasn't interested; as readers will probably have realised, she's not a well woman.

No comments: