Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Well It Was Like THis...

...a lot of the course was unsurfaced, there was a narrow bridge where we had to queue up to get across, there were lots of tight turns, Barry Alman reckons it was long, I had been out for 3 hours 26 minutes on Saurday morning and after all, the winner only ran 34:34. Will that do?

The chip timing is interesting and I think illustrates why perhaps although necessary in bigger races, it can lead to confusion. The results (see TF's link) appear to be in gun time order, but quote chips times. I ran shoulder to shoulder with Martin Banks for the last half mile or so and outsprinted him over the last 200 yards. I'm in the results one place in front of him (positions 430/431), but we're reminded by the chip time that as he crossed the start line 7 seconds after me, that he probably ran the race faster than me. Oh, woe!

Finally, although these results tell me that I was just inside the hour, I know, and my training diary needs to know (and now you know) that I really took over the hour for this 10k - double woe!

No comments: