Sunday, April 15, 2012

Rab MM Hope Valley Sun 15th April 2012



Blessed with another beautiful day in the peak district, usual format, as many points as possible in 3hrs. Red numbers are the control number and blue numbers the point score.


Control 14 had the following description - 'Lane junction NE side; tele pole by wheelie bins' . Thankfully the householders weren't away for the week and the wheelie bins were 'out' ready for the weekly collection. Mind you they did have a very long narrow drive so I'm guessing the bin men don't do a doorstep service and the bins are left permanently at the end of the drive. So a safe-ish bet on the organizers behalf that they'd be in position on the day of the event, could have been a lot of head scratching otherwise!

Having run over similar ground only 3 weeks ago I tried to make a conscious effort to avoid similar routes, or at least run in oppo direction. So my route took me towards the east heading under the railway line to the far edge of the map. Up and over Win Hill and then heading WNW towards the top edge of the map. I passed Tony V going the opposite way just after control 12, a 'brief' hello (more of this later) and by the time I got to control 19 I had about 60mins left and time to head for home collecting the four 10 -point controls lined up down the middle of the map.

Just under 12m in 3 hours and 190 points, finishing 7/11 in age group and 97/133 overall. Mark S (250 points) and Albert (225 points) had also made the trip over with Tony. Tony managed 170 points which got converted to a minus score as he arrived back late. He say's it was 'cos he spent so long chatting to me en route! The cheek - I don't do chatting when I'm racing, anyway funny how I managed to come in with minutes to spare!!

Results By class http://www.darkandwhite.co.uk/results/HopeMMM150412splittimesbyclass.html
Overall http://www.darkandwhite.co.uk/results/HopeMMM150412overallresults.html

Hopefully out for a Utup on Thurs, no buses this time

TF



No comments: