Friday, April 27, 2012

New Kit

A brief test last night and going well, maybe too well.

Salford were putting on our 5K race in Heaton Park, so where better to trial the new t-shirt in a brief run from the car park to the registration point. I was going to to a few hill reps but it was raining (a lot). It generated quite a bit of interest and have managed to fend off 3 potential orders claiming that it's a prototype and still under testing.

Have to congratulate all the runners for turning up for the 5K (our first venture in hosting evening races) in such a foul weather. The new course seemed a good hit, especially the downhill finish.

I'm not out this Saturday as I'm at my British Dental Association Conference at G-mex (or Manchester Central as it's now called, had me confused for a while), so it's only my brain that'll get exercised, unless I fall asleep in the lectures. It's the first time I've been to the yearly conference in over 20 years of being a dentist, and they had to offer up a free day to get me there otherwise I'd have been out on the hills on my day off. Thinking of taking my 30L rucksack to fill up on freebies from the exhibitor stands. Toothbrush and toothpaste anyone?

TF 

No comments: