Sunday, April 22, 2012

Kinder Downfall 9.6m/1970ft Sunday 22nd April

My last excursion around the edge of Kinder was on YJ's Pennine Way Challenge. I don't think I did it any quicker today in daylight, visibility was nearly as poor but there were a few more footprints to follow this time.

One lady runner behind me said 'I'm following you, I've done this race twice and gone wrong both times'. I resisted the temptation to say I'd got round in the dark, not that daft to tempt fate. As it was on YJ's challenge there was bits I remembered and bits I didn't, it was a bit of a relieve to make it past the trig like last year and begin the descent.

It hadn't exactly been an eyeballs-out effort on the along the top so tried to make up for it on the way down, but the lack of speed training told on the last stretch and may well account for my slowest time yet, approximately 2-3 mins over the 2hr mark.

So returned home not feeling I'd achieved much except miles in the bank, so set about completing something today with a positive outcome. So Stella McCartney eat your heart out, testing of my new addition to Salford Harrier's club kit starts this week.

Having got to the age where wearing crop tops have gone (mine has now gone to a new home) I needed something to replace it with. So I've designed and made myself a new club t-shirt (red with white diagonal stripe, sleeves were a must too). Construction had begun yesterday and final finishing touches completed this evening. If testing goes well this week, might be the only fellrunner wearing one of their own creations.

TF  




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing it in action :)